Visual Studio Git Error | "terminal prompts disabled"



I was trying to sync our team's database project and was getting the below error
git: 'credential-manager-core' is not a git command

could not read Username for 'https://github.com': terminal prompts disabled

One thing to call out here is that I had not synced the changes in the database project for over a month and there were no issues before. 

My guess is that somehow the OWA authentication got wiped out from my system and this might be the reason for this issue. 

In terms of the Solution

I tried searching online on terminal prompts disabled and got a plethora of solutions mostly suggesting some git commands. I tried a few of the suggestions and didn't get any luck.

This morning I started searching for git: 'credential-manager-core' is not a git command  and came across the following issue reported on Microsoft forums 


It basically suggests downloading/updating the latest version of the studio. 

After this, I had to log in to Github via visual studio to get the OWA authentication done. 

 All is well now :-) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues Integrating Azure Data Factory with GITHUB | IN spite of admin rights on repository

SQL QUERY NIGHTMARE

Handling decimal and non numeric types using Case statement